Showroom Design Consultant
This position with Pental Surfaces is often the first point of contact for designers, architects, builders or homeowners who come into the showroom. The vision is to provide exceptional customer service while giving advice or helping guide customers through their decision process. It is important to be able to build rapport and credibility while communicating aesthetic and technical information in a positive and professional way. Customer Service is our number one priority and takes precedence over all else.
This position requires an outgoing, friendly, enthusiastic and welcoming demeanor. There will be a fair degree of variety from one day to the next, especially with regard to personal interactions. The job requires one to shift from task to task quickly, and s/he needs to maintain a strong sense of urgency.
Architectural Surfaces Group, parent company of Architectural Granite & Marble, Modul Marble, Pental Surfaces, Cosmic Stone Tile Distributors and Bedrock International has been a worldwide leader in granite, marble, quartz, tile and soapstone supply, now in twenty-one locations across the United States. Our deep industry experience and excellent reputation give us access to the finest quarries in the world, while our diverse customer base gives us the buying power to bring our customers top quality natural stone at an economical price. We carry more than 120 colors of natural stone in slabs from Brazil, India, China, Europe and beyond.
We are looking for smart, dedicated professionals to strengthen our team. We offer career opportunities that provide a unique career experience depending on your skills, career objectives, and preferred work experience. At ASG you'll find a close-knit team and a collaborative, supportive environment that keeps projects running smoothly and customers happy. If you're ready to join a top-notch team, we'd like to hear from you. ASG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Extend best service to customers by providing relevant and meaningful design advice as well as accurate technical information.
- Build and foster long term relationships with customers.
- Collaboratively work within a team and with other departments.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of all materials.
- Maintain organization, cleanliness and general aesthetic in the showroom.
- Follow up with customers regarding any questions or details, product information, samples, and pricing.
- Be a part of the local design community through industry events and growing relationships.
- Assist warehouse with minor administrative tasks as needed.
- General administrative tasks such as answering phones and making tile labels.
- Background in design, construction, and/or education in interior design.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, written and verbal.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Time management skills.
- Motivation to exceed expectations and taking the initiative.
- Flexible attitude, team oriented, highly personable, and positive attitude.
- Basic math and computer skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate Degree in related field preferred.
- Customer service experience in multitasking environment required.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive Salary commensurate with experience.
- Full benefits package include medical, dental, vision, supplemental, 401(k), vacation and sick time.
- Opportunities for advancement.