Customer Service Representative
This position with Pental Surfaces will provide customer service and customer support to the organization. This position will initiate and/or implements sales support action items as needed in order to ensure that an excellent standard of service and a high level of customer satisfaction are maintained. Full training is provided in learning a product line to inform, assist and educate customers on how products work. All candidates must be well spoken and able to present him/herself to others in a professional manner.
Architectural Surfaces Group, parent company of Architectural Granite & Marble, Modul Marble, Pental Surfaces and Cosmic Stone Tile Distributors has been a worldwide leader in granite, marble, quartz, tile and soapstone supply, now in sixteen locations across the United States. Our deep industry experience and excellent reputation give us access to the finest quarries in the world, while our diverse customer base gives us the buying power to bring our customers top quality natural stone at an economical price. We carry more than 120 colors of natural stone in slabs from Brazil, India, China, Europe and beyond.
We are looking for smart, dedicated professionals to strengthen our team. We offer career opportunities that provide a unique career experience depending on your skills, career objectives, and preferred work experience. At ASG you'll find a close-knit team and a collaborative, supportive environment that keeps projects running smoothly and customers happy. If you're ready to join a top-notch team, we'd like to hear from you. ASG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
This position is responsible for following approved company practices to ensure that the order transactions comply with the following expectations:
- Provide quality, efficient, and accurate telephone and written customer service.
- Maintain current knowledge of products, organization rules, and associated regulations as applicable.
- Review customer requests, processing orders with time in constraints and with accuracy.
- Identify opportunities to improve business processes, including development of procedures, and training others.
- Call center experience preferred.
- Strong customer service orientation, including demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and follow-up skills.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and priorities concurrently.
- Proven ability to learn and manage multiple PC and mainframe applications.
- Ability to research answers, learn quickly, and retain information.
- Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation.
- Able to work under pressure and adverse conditions.
- Able to work according to shift hours 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday-Friday.
- Informs customers of unit pricing, shipping date, or anticipated delays.
- Confers with purchasing, sales, shipping and warehouse to assure accuracy and expedite orders.
- Assist with several daily functions to insure inventory accuracy to increase customer satisfaction.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Dependable and trust worthy.
- Accepts challenges and change as a means to improve.
- Be well organized with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Competent computer skills in Office Suite.
- Must be personable and comfortable with customers daily.
- Desire to participate in professional development and take on new responsibilities.
- Ability to perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma required.
- 2 years of Customer Service experience required.
- Call Center experience a plus.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience.
- Full benefits package include medical, dental, vision, supplemental, 401(k), vacation and sick time.
- Opportunities for advancement.