Warehouse Associate/Delivery Driver
This position with Pental Surfaces is crucial to our clients' experience with our company. Our staff must connect and interact with a wide variety of people. The primary responsibility of this individual will be driving our slab delivery vehicle. This person will also help customers find the right materials for their projects, put it on hold, help load and unload slabs and help maintain a clean and organized warehouse.
Architectural Surfaces Group, parent company of Architectural Granite & Marble, Modul Marble, Pental Surfaces, Cosmic Stone Tile Distributors and Bedrock International has been a worldwide leader in granite, marble, quartz, tile and soapstone supply, now in twenty-one locations across the United States. Our deep industry experience and excellent reputation give us access to the finest quarries in the world, while our diverse customer base gives us the buying power to bring our customers top quality natural stone at an economical price. We carry more than 120 colors of natural stone in slabs from Brazil, India, China, Europe and beyond.
We are looking for smart, dedicated professionals to strengthen our team. We offer career opportunities that provide a unique career experience depending on your skills, career objectives, and preferred work experience. At ASG you'll find a close-knit team and a collaborative, supportive environment that keeps projects running smoothly and customers happy. If you're ready to join a top-notch team, we'd like to hear from you. ASG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Extend first-class service to all customers and help build long term relationships with the trade.
- Maintain professional demeanor and appearance.
- Correctly pull orders and load them onto fabricators trucks.
- Maintain our labeling system and inventory organization.
- Keep warehouse clean.
- Work with a team.
- Various other tasks as needed.
- Deliver Slab/Tile orders.
- Have a clean driving record and valid California driver's license.
- Available to work full time Monday through Friday and Saturday as needed.
- Experienced heavy duty forklift driver.
- Experience handling granite and slabs.
- Ability to lift 60 lbs.
- Stellar customer service.
- Experience with bar codes and scanner is a plus.
- Detail oriented.
- Motivation to go above and beyond expectations.
- Comfortable in a fast paced atmosphere.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Initiative to tackle new projects and work independently after projects are assigned.
- Able to manage time effectively.
- Flexible attitude, team oriented, highly personable, and positive mind-set.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Multilingual in Spanish is a plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- 1 year of Delivery Driver.
- 2 years of warehouse experience.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive wages commensurate with experience.
- Full benefits package include medical, dental, vision, supplemental, 401(k), vacation and sick time.
- Opportunities for advancement.