The ideal candidate will be highly detailed and analytical to insure efficiency and accuracy in the purchasing processes. They will understand that this leads to superior customer service.
Architectural Surfaces Group, parent company of Architectural Granite & Marble, Modul Marble and Pental Surfaces, has been a worldwide leader in granite, marble, quartz, tile and soapstone supply, now in sixteen locations across the United States. Our deep industry experience and excellent reputation give us access to the finest quarries in the world, while our diverse customer base gives us the buying power to bring our customers top quality natural stone at an economical price. We carry more than 120 colors of natural stone in slabs from Brazil, India, China, Europe and beyond.
We are looking for smart, dedicated professionals to strengthen our team. We offer career opportunities that provide a unique career experience depending on your skills, career objectives, and preferred work experience. At ASG you'll find a close-knit team and a collaborative, supportive environment that keeps projects running smoothly and customers happy. If you're ready to join a top-notch team, we'd like to hear from you. ASG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Analyze inventory levels and processes for improvement.
- Create purchase orders for stock items and commercial projects, approve supplier proforma invoices and arrange shipping. Maintain and update ETAs in system and with salespeople as needed. Reconcile documents.
- Answer purchasing questions from other company associates, including sales teams, as needed.
- Resolve claims with suppliers and accounting.
- Create pricing for stock and non-stock items as needed.
- Manage pricelists and communicate with appropriate departments regarding this.
- Communicate information about discontinued items to appropriate departments.
- Update systems with price and product information.
- Assemble shipping documents for receiving department. Reconcile PO’s with commercial invoices.
- Quickly identify potential problems and offer solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Detail oriented
- Highly organized
- Process and structure oriented.
- Basic math skills including complex conversions.
- Excellent communication skills, including cross-cultural
- Cost conscious
- “Can do” attitude
- Service oriented
- Professional, relationship based interactions
- Proficient in Excel and ERP systems.
- Quickly identify potential problems and offer solutions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Degree required/AA degree preferred
- 2+ years purchasing experience
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience.
- Full benefits package include medical, dental, vision, supplemental, 401(k), vacation and sick time.
- Opportunities for advancement.