The ideal candidatewill be highly detailed, service focused, and will act as a liaison between thecompany sales team and suppliers. The relationships are highly valued andfundamental to the well-being of the company. An understanding of the rightbalance of time, money and quality is necessary.
Architectural Surfaces Group, parent company of Architectural Granite & Marble, Modul Marble, Pental Surfaces and Cosmic Stone Tile Distributors has been a worldwide leader in granite, marble, quartz, tile and soapstone supply, now in sixteen locations across the United States. Our deep industry experience and excellent reputation give us access to the finest quarries in the world, while our diverse customer base gives us the buying power to bring our customers top quality natural stone at an economical price. We carry more than 120 colors of natural stone in slabs from Brazil, India, China, Europe and beyond.
We are looking for smart, dedicated professionals to strengthen our team. We offer career opportunities that provide a unique career experience depending on your skills, career objectives, and preferred work experience. At ASG you'll find a close-knit team and a collaborative, supportive environment that keeps projects running smoothly and customers happy. If you're ready to join a top-notch team, we'd like to hear from you. ASG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Create purchase orders for stock items and commercial projects, approve supplier proforma invoices and arrange shipping. Maintain and update ETAs in system and with salespeople as needed.
- Analyze inventory levels and order accordingly.
- Create commercial project bids with department manager and adjust as needed. Ensure all details with salesperson if becomes an order. Follow the project through to delivery by maintaining direct and regular contact with the suppliers and salespeople.
- Answer purchasing questions from other company associates as needed.
- Communicate new product information to sales teams.
- Resolve claims with suppliers and assist sales teams in correcting them.
- Order samples, displays, marketing materials as needed by other departments.
- Maintain price lists and communicate with appropriate departments regarding this.
- Communicate information about discontinued items to appropriate departments.
- Assemble shipping documents for receiving department. Reconcile PO’s with Commercial Invoices.
- Quickly identify potential problems and offer solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Detail oriented
- Highly organized
- Excellent communication skills, including cross-cultural
- Comfortable with multi-tasking
- Cost conscious
- “Can do” attitude
- Service oriented
- High sense of urgency
- Professional, relationship based interactions
- Quickly identify potential problems and offer solutions
- Understands importance of processes, tracking, follow up
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Degree or GED
- 2 years customer service experience
- 1 year warehouse experience
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive pay commensurate with experience.
- Full benefits package include medical, dental, vision, supplemental, 401(k), vacation and sick time.
- Opportunities for advancement.