This position with Pental Surfaces is responsible for overseeing the daily operations in the showroom to ensure the highest levels of customer service and satisfaction. They are responsible for the design and visual merchandising of the showroom to reflect the brand, hiring and training of showroom staff, as well as maintaining the sample department.
Architectural Surfaces Group (ASG), parent company of Architectural Granite & Marble, Modul Marble, and Pental Surfaces, has been a worldwide leader in granite, marble, quartz, tile and soapstone supply, now in over twenty locations across the United States. Our deep industry experience and excellent reputation give us access to the finest quarries in the world, while our diverse customer base gives us the buying power to bring our customers top quality natural stone at an economical price. We carry more than 120 colors of natural stone in slabs from Brazil, India, China, Europe and beyond.
We are looking for smart, dedicated professionals to strengthen our team. We offer career opportunities that provide a unique career experience depending on your skills, career objectives, and preferred work experience. At ASG you'll find a close-knit team and a collaborative, supportive environment that keeps projects running smoothly and customers happy. If you're ready to join a top-notch team, we'd like to hear from you. ASG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage showroom personnel and customer service to all customers and clients.
- Hire and train qualified staff for showroom and sample department.
- Give direction and feedback to employees on an ongoing basis and complete performance reviews. Create opportunity for them to utilize their strengths. Recognize potential issues and correct them.
- Develop detailed knowledge base for all materials and keep up to date on new products and technologies.
- Provide ongoing training (product knowledge meetings) for all staff.
- Give guidance and logistical assistance to customers for slab and tile projects.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with the design/build community.
- Attend and participate in off-site trade organization meetings (NKBA, NWSID, etc.).
- Address and resolve any customer issues regarding product or service.
- Develop showroom layout to create a compelling presentation of products.
- Design and build custom displays that highlight the materials and present them in a straightforward way.
- Design, budget, contract, schedule, and oversee showroom installations and renovations.
- Ensure the showroom displays are reflective of current inventory and that all products are labeled properly.
- Ensure the showroom is clean, organized, and a safe work environment.
- Manage sample inventory for all products.
- Ensure thoroughness and accuracy of product information on the sample labels.
- Coordinate staff to provide support and resources to outside sales representatives.
- Ensure the sample department is clean, organized, and a safe work environment.
- Design, build, and manage logistics for booth at trade shows.
- Plan and host showroom events.
- Highly self-motivated and driven
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Natural ability to lead and motivate a team
- Adaptability to learn new things and teach others
- Strong aesthetic sense and detail awareness
- Space planning and project management skills
- Knowledge of the tile and stone industry
- Understanding of design and market trends
- Degree in Interior Design or related field preferred
- Please list job title and location in the subject area.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in related industry preferred.
- Showroom management experience in related industry (architectural, design, or construction).
EXCELLENT COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience, plus performance-based bonuses.
- Full benefits package includes medical (highly competitive rates), dental, vision, supplemental STD/LTD, 401k plan plus highly competitive Company match & vesting schedule.
- Paid time off includes eight Company holidays, vacation, sick and personal days.
- Opportunities for advancement across over twenty locations nationwide.