Inside Sales Support Associate
This position with Architectural Surfaces Group (ASG) main objective is to perform order processes for residential and commercial projects, both tile and slab. Informs customers of unit pricing, shipping date, or anticipated delays. Confers with purchasing, sales, shipping and warehouse to assure accuracy and oversee orders. Establish working relationships with customers to help drive sales. Learn and maintain a knowledge base of all materials.
Architectural Surfaces Group, parent company of Architectural Granite & Marble, Modul Marble, and Pental Surfaces has been a worldwide leader in granite, marble, quartz, tile and soapstone supply, now in twenty-plus locations across the United States. Our deep industry experience and excellent reputation give us access to the finest quarries in the world, while our diverse customer base gives us the buying power to bring our customers top quality natural stone at an economical price. We carry more than 120 colors of natural stone in slabs from Brazil, India, China, Europe and beyond.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepare residential and commercial project orders to send to dealers/contractors in a timely manner. Follow specific pricing guidelines to meeting minimum gross profit requirements. If unsure of pricing guidelines, discuss with management. Ensure the customer receives a quotation before their bid deadline.
- Document proceedings from all interactions.
- After entering customer’s orders in our computer system, work in conjunction with our purchasing and warehouse teams in placing orders with our factories and facilitate order logistics. Progress must be related to customers continually. Orders must be reviewed for accuracy and attention to detail. Alert customers immediately if there are any delays or changes to the ETA.
- Advise our purchasing team on inventory levels and upcoming projects to ensure we keep adequate stock levels on hand. Communicate project details and schedule changes with the purchasing team, shipping department and warehouse staff.
- Maintain the quote database in Microsoft Access and CRM Sugar and make updates as needed. Alert customers when quotations have expired or products are no longer available.
- Follow up on quotations to find out schedule updates and to ensure our product does not get switched out. Suggest VE alternates to Pental products or competitor’s products, as requested.
- Support the A&D and dealer representatives when they are out in the field. Check stock, order samples and give order information when necessary.
- Research technical inquiries including maintenance and installation questions. Advise sales representatives of jobsites issues which may need investigating to provide technical support and expertise.
- Maintain our sample library and make updates to Pental Quartz 7mm samples whenever new colors are added or discontinued.
- Assist clients in the showroom when necessary.
- Provide submittal packages to contractors, including samples, spec information, maintenance and warranty (if applicable). If any submittal information is not available, contact the appropriate factory rep to obtain the information in a timely manner.
- General cleaning and organizational duties, including keeping our sample aisle and library organized and clean.
- Work in the main showroom one Saturday per month, assisting homeowners and other customers with design, pricing, and technical inquiries.
- Various task as needed.
- Highly self-motivated and disciplined.
- Willing and able to work in a team environment
- Must have very good communication and computer skills.
- Must be accurate, organized and detail oriented.
- Use their abilities to juggle several tasks as needed.
- Ability to keep priorities in order within a diverse work environment.
- Positive attitude.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2 years of sales experience in industry.
- 2 years of customer service experience.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive wage; commensurate with experience
- Full benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, supplemental, 401(k) with match, paid company holidays, vacation, sick, and personal days
- Opportunities for advancement