Warehouse Lead - Boston
The primary responsibility of warehouse lead is to lead the warehouse staff in performing their core responsibilities to help customers find the right materials for their projects and put it on hold. Their secondary responsibility is to help operational functions of the warehouse staff such as loading and unloading slabs and help maintaining a clean and organized warehouse.
Architectural Surfaces Group, parent company of Architectural Granite & Marble, Modul Marble and Pental Surfaces, has been a worldwide leader in granite, marble, quartz, tile and soapstone supply, now in twenty plus locations across the United States. Our deep industry experience and excellent reputation give us access to the finest quarries in the world, while our diverse customer base gives us the buying power to bring our customers top quality natural stone at an economical price. We carry more than 120 colors of natural stone in slabs from Brazil, India, China, Europe and beyond.
- • Educate and monitor warehouse staff regarding safe working practices.
- • Work with the Branch Manager to ensure safe working environment within the warehouse space.
- • Monitor warehouse activity to maintain processes are being followed for material handling and inventory control.
- • Conduct quarterly inventory cycle counts for all warehouse items.
- • Assist customers as needed in viewing materials in the warehouse.
- • Ensure that all incoming shipments are properly inspected, counted and received.
- • Assist in order entry, processing, and related documentation in the order desk when necessary.
- • Unload incoming trucks and containers of products.
- • Load delivery vehicle(s) as needed.
- • Load customer trucks as needed.
- • Participate in the labeling, cutting, and organization of all material samples for the branch.
- • Participate in preparation, packaging, and shipping of orders for customers, other branches, or distributors.
- • Assist in processing, packaging, and shipping of promotional items and samples to customers as needed.
- • Assist outside sales staff with sample needs.
- • Monitor and report sample/promotional item inventory to Branch Manager.
- • Lead OSHA compliant safety initiatives.
- • Educate & monitor warehouse staff regarding customer service expectations.
- • Maintain the highest level of organization & cleanliness in the warehouse.
- • Other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to work and lead independently.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills and the ability to track multiple task at the same time.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to ongoing change and work in a fast-paced, customer driven environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and disciplined.
- Ability to interact effectively at multiple levels, in support of our customer relationships.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED.
- 5+ years’ experience working in a warehouse/distribution environment.
- Experience in a leadership role with oversight of multiple employees.
- Basic computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive Salary + Bonus; commensurate with experience
- Full Benefits package include medical, dental, vision, supplemental, 401k, vacation and sick time
- Opportunities for advancement